Vibrators have special long lasting bearings with a unique code specifying:
1. Bearing type
2. Cage size
4. (QP 51 in FAG bearings)
When replacing the bearings make sure the new bearings have the same exact and complete code. If it can not be found by the bearing house please contact the manufacturer.
Substituting originals with improper bearings (not matching the exact code) will cause the vibrator to fail prematurely.
Bearing fit for the VE Series (frame 4B and Higher) is C4
Running the vibrator with eccentric weight removed will damage bearings.
Bearing Replacement Procedure
This operation must be executed by qualified personnel only.
To proceed and replace the bearings operate as follows
1. Remove screws, lateral covers, retaining rings, weights and keys.
2. Extract bearing housing.
3. Using the two tapped holes in the bearing housing and two bolts, push out slowly bearing and seal.
Make sure you push evenly at both sides.
4. Extract rotor shaft from the body.
5. With a bearing extractor, pull out bearing's inner ring.
6. Check the bearing housing and the rotor shaft. Should they be damaged or worn, they must be replaced.
7. Remount the bearings. With the use of a press, push them completely into their housing.
8. Force new grease in between the roller cage and the outer ring.
9. For the rest of the vibrator assembly, follow the disassembly procedure in reverse.
During re-assembly, always use new screws, washers and seals,making sure that the seals are not damaged during installation.
CAUTION! During bearing disassembly and reassembly, it is imperative for the flange to be kept perfectly in line with the vibrator body! Any misalignment could cause permanent damage to the bearings.